Seeking participant to travel 6 prefectures & PR
‘Tohoku attractions’ to the world
Project 1 “Hunt down the most sensational food in the galaxy!”
Overview: 1 participant, Theme “food”, planned to start in August,
30-day travel, participant to receive 1,000,000 yen
Launch of VISIT Tohoku’
s TOHOKU365 Project
Aim to develop economy and revitalize industries in Tohoku
TOKYO, April 27, 2016– VISIT Tohoku Inc. begins accepting applications for the initial project of the TOHOKU365 Project “Hunt down the most sensational food in the galaxy!” on Wednesday, April 27th. The project aims to communicate the allures of the Tohoku region to the world in order to attract tourists.
The Tohoku region located in the northern part of Japan has a number of fascinating tourist attractions such as World Heritage sites, hot spring facilities, etc. However, only 0.9% of all Japan’s foreign tourists visit the Tohoku region according to the Japan Tourism Agency’s Accommodation Travel Survey. First, infrastructure improvement in order to accommodate foreign tourists in this area is crucial. Second, promotion of the positive aspects of the region is necessary.
The Company will begin accepting applicants for TOHOKU365 Project on Wednesday, April 27th (deadline is Thursday, June 30th). This project aims to gain wider acknowledgment of the Tohoku brands/attractions by delivering local information to people living overseas. As the initial project, we will have a participant travel through the six prefectures of the Tohoku region for thirty days with “food” as a theme for the trip. The trip ”Hunt down the most sensational food in the galaxy!” will focus on Japanese food, a very popular aspect amongst many foreign tourists. The participant will try various local specialties and local dishes while traveling and introduce appealing aspects of Tohoku’s food culture to the world via TOHOKU365.com and other social networks.
In the future, the TOHOKU365 Project will also be conducted with other themes related to Japanese culture and tourism (e.g., hot spring, Japanese sake, cherry blossom, etc.) in order to further promote Tohoku region’s attractions overseas.
Furthermore, the project has uranomi Inc. founded by a Tohoku University student, on board as a member of Executive Committee, which allows for collaboration with the university’s international students. We believe that such collaboration and network will enable us to discover the region’s allures from a foreigner’s perspectives.
Through this project the Company will strive to not only help increase the number of visitors to the Tohoku region, but also contribute to its sustainable economic development and industrial revival.
Outline “TOHOKU365 Project” “Hunt down the most sensational food in the galaxy!”
|Objective:||To introduce Tohoku region’s attractions to a wide audience overseas.
The participant will travel around six prefectures in the Tohoku region for 30 days.
|Details:||First theme “Hunt down the most sensational food in the galaxy!”
1. Post information about the region’s various local specialties and dishes via social media.
2. Travel around all 6 prefectures in the Tohoku region and post 1 to 3 entries every day.
|Schedule:||Admission of applications:
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 to Thursday, June 30, 2016
Participant to be selected by the end of July 2016
· Initial review: 1-minute video clip on Youtube or other websites
· Second review: CV, self-introduction
· Final review: Interview via Skype
· Travel dates: 30 days in August 2016 (tentative)
|· Any nationality, age of 20 or older
Needs business level English or Japanese fluency
· Able to travel in the Tohoku region for 30 days
· Has passion for Tohoku revival
· Has social network account(s) and keeps them constantly active
· Writing, photography, and footage production skills
|To apply:||Submit appplication format on https://tohoku365.com|
|Note:||The second theme and details planned to be announced after June.|
Reference) Outline “TOHOKU365 Project” Executive Committee (as of April 27, 2016)
Principal company: VISIT Tohoku Inc.
Co-leaders: stos design Co., Ltd.
Co-leaders: uranomi Inc.
Principal sponsor: Panasonic System Network Co., Ltd.
Cooperating sponsors: 16 companies
Co-host: Japan Tourism Association for Shrines and Temples
Advisory Board Members:
- Martin Barrow, VISIT JAPAN Ambassador
- Seiichi Otaki, Professor in the School of Economics and Management at Tohoku University, and specified non-profit organization
- Hiroto Ebata, Professor at the Graduate School of Project Design and CMO at IMJ Corporation
- Tadayuki Hara, Associate Professor at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida, and research fellow at the Dick Pope Sr. Institute for Tourism Studies
- Masanobu Todome, President & CEO of NEC Personal Computers Ltd. and President & CEO of Lenovo Japan Ltd.
- Yukinori Shitautsubo, President of Hirono-ya Co. Ltd.
- Kenichi Sasaki, President of TripodWorks CO.,Ltd.
- Yuichi Morito, Professor at Cyber University
Director and Executive Director of Accreditation Council for Internet Retailer Ability（ACIR）
Representative Director of JASISA
- Motoaki Nishiwaki, Evangelist & Director at Microsoft Japan Co. Ltd.
- Yu Aoki, President of MATCHA Inc.Eriko
- Totsuka, Representative Director of Pasona Tohoku Sousei Inc., and Director of the Sanriku HUB institute
- Hiroo KIDA, CCO and Creative Director of 1- 10 HOLDINGS Inc.
Notice: TOHOKU365 Project is recruiting business partners.
We are recruiting business partners (eg., restaurants, hotels, Japanese inns, primary producers, processed product industries, etc.). Businesses partners will be introduced in the editorial articles and/or participant’s blogs.
1) offer perks to the selected traveler (e.g., complementary meals)
2) offer experiece to the selected traveler (e.g., agricultural or fishing experience)
3) offer complementary tour to the selected traveler (e.g., distillery tour)
4) offer sample products to the selected traveler (e.g., processed food products)
Accepting partners from April 27, 2016 to July 31, 2016.
To apply, please send application format on website (https://tohoku365.com).
About VISIT Tohoku Inc.
|Company name:||VISIT Tohoku Inc.|
|Headquarters:||18th floor Sendai Mark One, 1-2-3 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai|
|Foundation:||January 5, 2016|
|Paid-in capital:||20,000,000 yen|
|Representative:||Ryota Saito, President|
|Business activities:||tourism development, website operation, inbound marketing|
(for foreign tourists) https://tohoku365.com
About Pasona Group Inc.
Ever since its foundation in 1976, Pasona Group’s corporate philosophy, “Providing Solutions to Society’s Problems” has not changed. The Company has aimed to build a better society and to create an infrastructure that provides each individual the opportunity to work and the freedom to choose the job of his or her choice.
Pasona provides HR Solutions worldwide (Temporary staffing, Contracting, HR Consulting, Place & Search, Global Sourcing, Outplacement, Outsourcing), and Life Solutions such as services in the childcare and elderly care area. The Company is also engaged in agriculture and ventures to promote local revitalization.